Congratulations to Mary Ann Atwood and John W. Stuart, winners of the first round of the Empire of the Sum giveaway! Their names were picked at random from the set of all entrants who replied the original post about the competition.* Thank you all for entering! If you won, congratulations, and look out for an email from me arranging delivery of your copy of Empire. If not, read on.
Here is another chance to win one of two free copies of Empire of the Sum: The Rise and Reign of the Pocket Calculator! To enter, leave a comment on this post with a valid email address so that I can contact you in the event that you win.
One caveat: this second round will be the last one for US residents only. There will be two additional rounds for non-US residents closer to publication time in the rest of the world. To make sure you don’t miss those future contests, you might want to subscribe to the Shady Characters newsletter using the link at the bottom of the page.
The contest will close at noon UK time on Sunday 3rd September 2023, so make sure you enter before then. After that I’ll pick two winners from the list of all unique entrants, and I’ll get in touch to arrange free postage of your prize. See below for terms and conditions, and good luck!
Update: The competition is now closed! I’ll announce the winners soon.
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open only to US residents.
- Winners of the previous round may not enter.
- The prizes are two copies of the US edition of Empire of the Sum: The Rise and Reign of the Pocket Calculator, with one copy awarded per winner.
- Entry is via the comment section on this post only. Entries via Twitter, Facebook, email or other platforms will not count.
- One entry per entrant only.
- Entrants must provide a valid email address.
- Entrants must provide a name or pseudonym for publication in the event that they win.
- The competition will close at noon UK time on Sunday 20th August 2023.
- The winners will be announced here at shadycharacters.co.uk within thirty days of the close of the competition.